10 Tips for Photographing A Family
1. You will need the help of a ‘director’ to ensure all views and faces facing camera, to wanting a family portrait photo of the ‘traditional’. Working with a group of people can amount to quite a lot of little charge. Be patient and be slightly firm will help you control everything. Once they are ready to pose, do not be afraid to take pictures in “burst-shot” just to make sure there is at least one frame where all the cameras are watching you. Eye contact is not an absolute thing, and sometimes some images that lack of eye contact can be present atmosphere more relaxed and intrigued, so rather than forcing them to always look toward the camera better direct them to look into some different directions.
2. Family portrait ‘traditional’ does not always attract the attention of all people, be a creative photographer, form them so they can unite pleasure, happiness and personality characteristics into a single frame. The first step is to put them in a situation calm and take some pictures in a comfortable and familiar. Unconsciously they will adapt and be much help shape the character and narrative in a portrait.
3. Lighting is an important element in the world of photography. If you are in the room and had to take a picture there and not be able to facilitate the use of expensive lighting, then use an inexpensive light source is the sun. Position the subject groups or families facing parallel to the large windows and has a clear glass, if the conditions at the time it was a sunny day then try to cover it with a thin fabric, such as net curtains or large piece of white cloth to soften the light on the subject, this will serve as difusser or soft box on your lighting. If you later decide to use a flash indoors, then consider using a diffuser to avoid shiny skin or texture of the face that would seem flat.
4. Believe it or not, you can let your imagination to work when doing activities with shooting family photography outdoors (outdoor). Always remember your light source, the sun can cause unpleasant facial shadows. You will get the creative silhouette when the sunlight hits the back or the subject of the photo or you can add fill-flash photography techniques to revive facial detail and produce a light ring around the subject, separating them from the background.
5. Always avoid the light coming from behind you if you do not want to produce an image model with weird puckered expression, rather than doing it, try to take a moment to look around the surrounding circumstances, is there something you can offer shade in a photo shoot? whether it’s a patio, umbrella, or even a white cloth tied over their heads.
6. This might sound strange, you might be able to incorporate other elements to create the impression of the overall binding members together, only to deliver the message “Yes, we are a happy family.” These elements can be match colors clothing, props or even a shooting spot. If you want to generate an image with the traditional style and relaxed, ask them to wear clothes natural shades and pastel colors.
7. Confused whether to take a family photo with sitting or standing? Experiment by placing half of them sit down and rest up. By dividing the group in different eye-level, people who saw the photos will automatically be offered a more dynamic image for forcing their eyes to roam in the entire picture frame. Not only that, it will further highlight the personality of a child in the picture, for example: A chair in family groups will not only be used for sitting, but can a child stand on it, crawl under it or above it several small children simultaneously.
8. Wide-Angle lens will usually be very ideal to capture the whole family is ‘traditional’, if you want to take a more relaxed candid images, then use the zoom lens to replace the wide-angle lens with a back-drop as well as portraits.
9. Forget the photos lining the head must have been boring, try and find the original fixed-angle angle inspirational. Climb up the stairs or climb on a chair and take what is below you. Definitely would be fun if you have a large family or group that you want a creative photograph possible. You can also try or experiment with taking pictures from below. Get down or face down on the floor and started taking pictures of the crowd, maybe even take away from an oblique angle could be an interesting angle options.
10. Have fun, Spread enthusiasm and ask them to run, jump, spin and dance, play-wrestling, laugh! for them to do activities remote from the formal and stiff. Combining motion picture into a family portrait or a group will give you a sense of interest and directly provide a relaxed feeling to the subject of the photo as well as others. To capture or record the movement of action (motion) is shooting with shutter speed (shutter) 1/125 to 1/500, you may have to raise the ISO settings in low light indoors or use a flash if needed. You might try an alternative merger and reflect connotation creations blur the movement by using the speed of 1/8 to 1/15. Use Continuous AF mode if your camera supports it, and follow their movements to produce images of the subject that is sharp.